Preschool Graduation

Faith's been attending the same preschool for just over 2 years. I've sent her there between 1-2 days each week for a little extra socialization. Over the past year I've noticed it's really helped her 'shyness.' Not always, but often she will now talk more openly with people and it's great to see. Really, it's great to be able to share her with other people (I wanted to say 'to share her with the world,' but maybe that's a bit overboard). Faith is such a joy, a treat, and a delight to be around. I feel like, "How could she NOT make the world and anyone she meets happy? All she has to do is start talking or even smile a little with her big cheesy grin and bright blue eyes." When she does or says something so sweet that is just so her I find myself all teary with happiness. That's one of the best parts about being a mom.

So I was talking about preschool...Faith doesn't need to to any treatments there b/c she only attends for a few hours at a time. During snack she does take her enzyme pills, but after the other kids were told about them the first day, they didn't really mind and no one treats her any different to my knowledge. Miss Debbie is incredibly thoughtful and cautious to warn us when other children have been sick and Faith loves her dearly. The last few weeks of the school year, I could tell she was ready for a break b/c she would be pretty tired when I picked her up and often complained that she got very tired when they took long walks (still good for her). In true Faith fashion, she ALWAYS had a bunch of weed, er, "wishing" flowers for me that she'd collected along the way. I wonder if she'll be sad when we take Brooke to the 'bus' for preschool next year and she doesn't get to go. I also wonder how Brooke will do. Faith will be homeschooled. I'll have to write more about that as it gets closer.....kindergarden, I can't believe it!
The graduation went well. The kids all gave their moms a flower as they entered to the 'graduation song' and sung us a bunch of songs that they'd learned over the year. Towards the end, Miss Debbie called the kids out one by one to give them their book of creations that the teachers compiled, which is always fun to see b/c everything isn't sent home during the year. While she was speaking, there was a rainbow directly behind Miss Debbie, not sure if she ever knew it :) Great moment. Everyone celebrated with ice cream afterward and Faith was very happy. Morgan and I enjoyed a date night at the Tim McGraw concert the next night :)

0 comments: